Shane Dawson Questions “The Mind of Jake Paul”

Erin Eskoff, Staff Writer

Shane Dawson, a well-known YouTuber with over 18 million subscribers, has achieved millions of views on his series about the life of Jake Paul, a YouTuber with over 17 million subscribers. Although his eight-part series isn’t completed just yet, his videos have sparked controversy throughout the YouTube community.

In one of his earlier episodes, Shane posed the question “Is Jake Paul a sociopath?” A sociopath is someone who has a mental health disorder characterized by disregard for other people. Dawson’s negligent statement before the investigation, paved the way for conflict.

In his first video of the hit series “The Mind of Jake Paul,” Dawson explains why he wants to create another series following his first one about Jeffree Star. Dawson says “The fall of Jake Paul and the darkness of his world is something I’m fascinated by.”

His second video, “The Dark Side of Jake Paul” is the one that has initiated the most controversy. In this 40-minute video, Shane is determined to investigate whether Jake is a sociopath or not. What Dawson failed to realize is after making such a hasty claim, he would get lots of backlash from his viewers, and that’s certainly what happened.

Millions of people were upset with Shane due to the fact that he shouldn’t be diagnosing people as sociopaths.

Driven to find out the truth, Dawson recruited a licensed therapist, Kati Morton. She properly says that, although it is possible, she can’t give Paul a diagnosis without meeting and getting to know him first.

Before uploading his third installment, Dawson recorded several videos and posted on his Snapchat, apologizing if he offended anyone, especially people who have actually been diagnosed as a sociopath.

Going further than expected, Logan Paul, who had been involved in great amounts of backlash for uploading a clip of a man who had committed suicide, created a video, in defense of Jake, his younger brother. He stated that he didn’t appreciate that Dawson called Jake a sociopath rather than stating that he has “sociopathic tendencies.”

On Oct. 1, 2018, Jake Paul himself took to Twitter in response to Dawson’s series that he wants Dawson to continue uploading the episodes. Paul thinks and hopes that the show can reveal who he really is, as a person and why he has done certain things

Although his beginning statement triggered lots of contention, this series delivers a closer insight to Jake Paul’s personal life. We don’t know if Paul is necessarily a sociopath, but Shane Dawson’s installments leave the audience watching every episode each day a new one is released.

• Shane Dawson Questions “The Mind of Jake Paul”

How to Stay Motivated for the End of the School Year

“The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” Delivers a Magical Second Season

Bullet Journaling

“Star Wars” Stans are Ruining the Franchise They Love

I Went to the Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists Premiere — Here’s My Experience

Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists Delivers a Perfect Premiere

The Marvelous Captain Marvel

Netflix’s ‘BirdBox’: What is it Really About?

My Most Anticipated 2019 Movies (Part One)

Anything Goes