Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

TV Line

TV Line

TV Line

Chika Winston, Staff Writer

My, what a season this has been for “Dancing with the Stars.”

Before the reality show’s 27th season premiered in September, many people attempted to make predictions, but boy, was everyone wrong in the end.

The stars on the show included a lot of familiar faces: Hogwarts alumni Evanna Lynch, Disney Channel star Milo Manheim, “Fuller House’s” Juan Pablo Di Pace, and even Grocery Store Joe from “The Bachelorette.”

As each week went on, viewers were surprised by the outcome. Frontrunners Tinashe and Juan Pablo were eliminated early in the season. And despite constantly getting low scores,  Grocery Store Joe and Country DJ Bobby Bones were able to get through each week with their fans’ votes, resulting in a completely unpredictable season.

After nine weeks of hard work and competition, the finals narrowed down to four “deserving” competitors: Evanna Lynch and her partner Keo Motsepe, Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess, Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten, and, lastly, Milo Manheim and Witney Carson. There were a lot of outrage about the finalists, as many people were still salty about Demarcus Ware and Juan Pablo Di Pace being eliminated while Bobby Bones got through.

The finale was on Nov. 19. The beginning of the finale certainly lived up to the definition of “Dancing with the Stars,” with a marching band line, confetti cannon, and floats.

The four finalists had  to perform two dances — the most memorable dance they had on the show and a brand new freestyle to close out their Dancing with the Stars career. Here’s how the scores played out:

Alexis Ren and pro Alan Bersten — “Swan Lakeinspired Argentine Tango: 27/30; freestyle: 30/30

Bobby Bones and pro Sharna Burgess — MC Hammer-inspired cha-cha:  24/30; freestyle: 30/30 (Yes, you read that correctly! Sharna literally counted the beats during the dance, but yet they scored a perfect score, whatever)

Milo Manheim and pro Witney Carson — New York City-themed Charleston: 30/30; freestyle: 30/30

Evanna Lynch and pro Keo Motsepe — Halloween Night tango : 30/30; freestyle: 30/30

Then it was time for the results. The mirrorball trophy winner was Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess. Yes, the man that consistently got low scores and did not show any drastic ballroom dancing improvement.

Evanna Lynch and Keo Motsepe improved since the first week; Evanna had no prior dancing experience before this and Keo’s choreography drastically improved since day one. But of course, due to the lack of popularity, they did not win.

That’s a wrap on season 27! The “Dancing with the Stars” cast will go on tour in 2019.

And while we patiently anticipate season 28, what do you think of the season 27 winners?

Chika Winston, Staff Writer

I'm Chika Allen and I'm the fastest talker alive. When im not talking I like to eat spaghetti and oregano while watching that 70s show or stare at pictures...

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

Habits: You Can Change Your Life

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

Billie Eilish at The Fonda

• Sports

Dear College Football Committee, Don’t Expand The Playoff To Eight Teams

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

“Gourmet Makes:” A Bon Appetit YouTube Series

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

Movies/TV

Stephen Hillenburg’s Greatest Legacy

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

Music is Turning Political

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

“The Princess Switch” Movie Review

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

It’s “Great Gatsby,” old sport!

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

Anger Makes me a Modern Girl

• Dancing With the Stars: Season 27

My Experience With the Avengers 4 Hype

Dancing With the Stars: Season 27