Girls Lacrosse dominates Thatcher School

Jasleen Arora, Staff Writer

Yesterday, March 29, the girls lacrosse team dominated Thatcher School with a final score of 15-5.

“I think we played really well, we tried out our new offense and we are still working it out, but it went really well today,” said senior captain Hope Jin.

The team got off to a great start when Sammy Nuchow scored the Cats’ first goal within the first 15 seconds of the game. Then they were on a roll, finishing halftime with a 9-2 lead. The Wildcats’ rock solid defense along with great saves from goalkeeper Jordyn Adamek-Postelwait were able to hold Thatcher to a shut out for the first 20 minutes of the first half. Thatcher had no chance to catch up to the fast-paced level that the Cats were playing at as they consistently scored throughout the second half as well. Bella Gervasi ended the game with four goals, and Sammy Nuchow and Olivia Doyle both ended the game with two goals.

The Cats added another win to their streak, going 7-1 so far this season. However, they still had some things to work on after such a big win.

“We need to work on ground balls. We definitely going for ground balls at a pace we should not have been which is too slow,” said head coach Leesa Chemlinak.

Great job Cats! Come out and support the varsity lacrosse team as they take on Crescenta Valley on Tuesday, April 10 at 3:30.