West Ranch Varsity Girls Tennis Dominates against Hart

Jasleen Arora, Sports Editor

On Oct. 16, the West Ranch girls varsity tennis team took off against Hart High School and dominated the game with a final score of 14-4.

Head Coach Dina McBride was expecting this game to be an easy win for the Wildcats.

“We haven’t really been preparing for this game. We have just been doing our normal practice routine,” said McBride.

In the first round of matches, the team gathered around and cheered as the doubles team, Kayla Halberstam and Nina Contin, pulled off an amazing five-set comeback, winning 7-5 after being down 2-5. The rest of the team performed strongly, only giving up four matches to the Indians.

“The team did very well. They fought hard and everybody played well,” said captain Jordyn Mcbride. “It was fun tennis. I think that there were some close matches that we fought very well in, and I think we need to carry this momentum to CIF.”

So far, the girls tennis team has charged through season as they are still undefeated with league coming to a close. But with every talented team, there is always space for improvement.

“We need to work on hitting through the ball and always trying if we are down on score even if it seems like we aren’t going to win,” said junior Jordyn McBride. “We also need to work on hitting under pressure because hitting in practice is different than trying to make the same balls in tournaments or when it counts.”

Great job Cats! Come out and support the tennis team as in their Prelims at the Paseo Club, this Wednesday.