West Ranch Football Season Review

Zach Singer, Sports Writer

That’s right — the Wildcats’ season is over after coming off a narrow loss to Oxnard. The team’s 9-3 record led to a historic season. Leading the Wildcats to their historical season was Quarterback Weston Eget who finished the season compiling 2,752 passing yards, 25 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions.

However, sturdy options Ryan and Jovan Camacho proved themselves as the team’s most coveted players. Ryan Camacho ran wild on defenses accumulating a wild 1,919 yards and 28 touchdowns rushing while also hauling in 21 balls for 434 yards and 5 touchdowns. Meanwhile, brother Jovan piled up 63 receptions for 1,344 yards and 13 touchdowns.

We witnessed tons of phenomenal moments this season. On October 12th, West Ranch was trailing 14-0 at the half hosting Saugus. It almost seemed that all hope was lost. The Wildcats never gave up and fought all the way to tie the game up at 14 in the fourth quarter. As the clock ticked down, the Wildcats drove downfield to the Saugus six yard line. With five seconds remaining on the clock, it was up to Richie Padilla who put a perfectly-placed ball between the uprights to give them a heart stopping win against Saugus.

Another proud moment for the Wildcats this season was making the playoffs. In round one, West Ranch went on the road to Victorville to face off against the Silverado Hawks on November 2nd. This game went on to be a classic as the Wildcats escaped with a 35-31 win after converting the game winning touchdown.

This season was, without a doubt, a historic season for the Wildcats. The stars of today made their name known at West Ranch, and the stars of tomorrow will get their chance to play Wildcat football next season.

Congratulations Wildcats on one heck of a season!

Zach Singer, Staff Writer

Never forget that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

West Ranch Football Season Review