Students are feeling happy and healthy: Mendocino Farms opens

The start of the new year marks the beginning of new resolutions, with many students wanting to eat healthier. Located on Valencia Boulevard, across the street from the Westfield Town Center, is the newly opened Mendocino Farms. 

Unlike previous restaurants around town, Mendocino Farms creates a compelling balance between healthy, fresh eats and satisfying meals. From sandwiches to salads, Mendocino Farms’ vast menu offers unique takes on classics such as their “Turkey Pesto Caprese Melt.” 

Senior Danielle Kay, who visited within the first week of their opening said, “I really liked trying out a new store in SCV that was different from other food places in the area.” 

Food, Location, & Aesthetics

In terms of food, Valencia Mendocino Farms promotes a healthy lifestyle for all its attendees. Specialty items like the “Philly Shroomsteak” and the “Vegan Banh Mi,” as well as salads such as the “Avocado & Quinoa Superfood Ensalada,” provide many options for Wildcats looking for a quick bite to eat. In fact, this unique food spot features couscous, pizza melts, and soups.

West Ranch senior Amelie Mendoza shared her experience at the new spot. “My experience was great, I liked the food and the workers were super nice.” She continued, “Service was quick but there was limited seating because it was busy.” 

Despite Mendocino Farms’ small struggles with handling the high foot traffic, students who have had the pleasure of attending the hotspot agree that the overall atmosphere is equally as enjoyable as the food. Bright lights illuminate the clean decorations of whites, light woods and greens, creating a refreshing aesthetic of the eatery. In addition, their blue cow mascot is subtly incorporated in their decor. “I think the overall aesthetic is super cute and clean and definitely a different vibe than I’ve seen before,” Mendoza commented.

Out of the Ordinary 

But why is Mendocino Farms such a big hit? For one thing, students have been dying for a healthier option in close proximity to school. 

“Because I live close, I would definitely go again. And even though the lines were extremely long, my overall experience was great,” Kay expressed. 

Additionally, many have expressed their appreciation for Mendocino Farms’ digital partnerships. With the convenience of their app, students are able to pre-order their meals mobily and then come by to pick them up at the restaurant. For those ordering in-person, after confirming a phone number, patrons can momentarily leave and wait until they receive a text. Once notified, they can return back to the restaurant and pick up their order. 

Junior attendee Ava Magana mentioned, “Even though it took a while to get my order, it was nice that they didn’t require you to sit around and wait. I was able to leave for Whole Foods and come back later.” 

Plus, to manage the large number of people coming in and out of Mendocino Farms, numerous workers are available to answer questions and offer samples to those waiting in line. It’s a nice gesture that entices customers to stay in line and order their own meals. 

As more and more new places continue to take Santa Clarita by storm, having the opportunity to try out these spiffy spots is always fun. Cat

s, be sure to put Mendocino Farms at the top of your lists.